Office of Emergency Management, Public Safety
Be Ready Longmont.
The City of Longmont Office of Emergency Management looks forward to the
opportunity to speak
to your civic organization, workplace, neighbors, and/or church group
to ensure that
you are prepared for an emergency.
The presentation will provide residents with tools to
become part of a solution when a disaster hits.
Please call (303)651-8438 to schedule a date and
a time for a presentation.
BE SAFE - ALWAYS ACT SAFELY
- Follow your plan
- Move away from danger
- Seek shelter
- Avoid downed power lines
- Lock doors if intruder is present
- Communicate with family and neighbors
- Get your kit
PREPARE - GET OR MAKE AN EMERGENCY KIT
- Fresh water (Use sealed fresh water, replace every 6 months)
- Food, non-perishable (Use before expiration dates)
- Shelter, clean air & warmth
- Prescription Medicines (Replace over-the-counter meds according to expiration date)
- Contact list for your important people (Update family and neighbor list)
- A kit to sustain you and your family for at least 48-72 hours (Update kit every year)
- Contents of kit: batteries, can opener, cell phone, dust mask, first aid kit, flashlight, garbage bags, eye glasses and contacts, local maps, plastic ties, radio, moist towelettes, whistle, tools: wrench, pliers, screwdriver and hammer.
- Other items: books, games and puzzles, complete change of clothes, extra cash, fire extinguisher, feminine supplies, first aid book, household chlorine bleach, important documents, infant formula and diapers, matches, medicine dropper, mess kits and utensils, paper and pencil, pet food, sleeping bag and blankets.
PLAN - KNOW WHAT TO DO
- Develop a response plan
- Make a Family Emergency Plan
- How will you contact one another?
- How will you get back together?
- What will you do in different situations?
- Plan to stay put or meet up
- School or Work
BE INFORMED - KEEP UP TO DATE
- Household members and pets inventory
- Household information
- Emergency Numbers
- Utility and Service Contacts
- Insurance and other information
- Family/Friends/Neighbors, Out of area contact information
- Work and school contacts
- Reunite location information
- Important notes and procedures
- Medication list
- Home layout and design
- Utility control
more information about emergency preparedness in Longmont, please call the City of Longmont, Office of Emergency Management at (303) 651-8438 or contact us by email.