Airport Advisory Board, City of Longmont, Vance Brand Airport
The next Airport Advisory Board meeting is scheduled for August 14, 2014, 6:00 p.m., in the Civic Center, City Council Chambers, 350 Kimbark Street, Longmont.
The Airport Advisory Board consists of seven (7) at-large members. Additionally, a member of the City Council is appointed as an ex-officio member. Each at-large member is appointed to serve a three (3) year term.
The board is advisory only and provides recommendations to City Council on matters concerning long range planning, land use, and improvements for the Vance Brand Airport. Duties of the Airport Advisory Board include:
- reviewing and recommending a long-range master plan and financing plan for the Vance Brand Airport;
- reviewing and recommending actions concerning leases, fees, and annual budgets for the airport;
developing and recommending annual goals and objectives for operation and development of the airport;
- reviewing and recommending actions concerning the airport rules;
- presenting an annual report concerning the status of the airport;
promoting the development and utilization of the airport pursuant to the adopted master plan and airport rules; and
- promoting awareness, utilization, and development of the airport pursuant to, and consistent with, the Council's adopted goals and objective and master plan.