2007 CDBG Accomplishments
Housing Program Accomplishments:
- Down Payment Assistance Program — Provided 14 low-income families, low-interest loans to purchase homes for first-time home buyers (2 using CDBG funds).
- CPWD Rental Deposit Program— Provided 16 rental deposits to low-income disabled individuals to secure stable housing.
- Individual Development Account Program—Through the Foothills United Way, 7 new households opened accounts to purchase homes, or save for education.
- Housing Counseling Program— Provided Homeownership Training to 152 Longmont residents; 43 One-on-One Pre-Purchase counseling sessions; 91 One-on-One mortgage Delinquency/Foreclosure Prevention counseling sessions. A total of 347 Longmont house-holds received housing, credit and/or foreclosure counseling. Seven loans were made to help low-income families keep their homes (2 using CDBG funds).
- Safe Shelter of St. Vrain Valley —Began construction of their new shelter building.
- Homeless Assistance — Ten units of rental housing for the homeless were made available using CDBG funds under the Housing First Program.
Rehab Program Accomplishments:
- Residential Rehab— Seven different low—moderate-income households were rehabbed. Projects included bathroom improvements, energy efficiency upgrades, and roof replacement.
- Architectural Barrier Removal— Provided assistance to 6 low-income households. Improvements included installation of wheel chair ramps, and accessibility modifications to bathrooms.
- Emergency Repair Assistance— Replaced water heaters, furnaces, repaired substandard plumbing , and corrected electrical safety hazards for 12 different low-income Longmont households.
- Senior Paint-A-Thon Program—Provided materials to paint 4 homes for low-income elderly persons. Funds were also used to check and clear the homes for lead-based paint.
- Terry Street Apartments Rehab Project— Funds were used to renovate the exterior/main entry stairs which corrected serious safety hazards for 24 low-income families residing in these units.
- Cottonwood Court Rehab Project — Funds were used to renovate the exterior fire escapes of 36 units to correct unsafe condition.
Neighborhood Revitalization and Community Improvement Projects
- Kensington Park – Four new bridges were constructed in Kensington Park allowing for greater access by neighborhood residents and other park users.
- Inn Between — Funds were provided for the construction of a new playground for the residents of Inn Between II and III.
- Latino Small Business Center— Twenty-seven potential entrepreneurs attended classes and/or training on Basic Business, ESL courses for business professionals, outreach classes, and participated in Multicultural Business Fair.
2007 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (Adobe Acrobat 1.6 mb)
Hud Reports -
Charts (Adobe Acrobat 384 kb)
Maps (Adobe Acrobat 507 kb)
2007 Housing Impediment Action Plan (Adobe Acrobat 46 kb)
IMPORTANT: You MUST have the Adobe Acrobat Reader on your system prior to selecting the above referenced document in order to be able to view these files.