Community & Neighborhood Resources
These web pages provide information regarding rights and resources
in the area of employment and housing. These pages are intended as a general
guide explaining certain rights, responsibilities and resources in the employment
and housing area.
Affordable Housing Program
Affordable Housing Program with the City of Longmont's.
The City of Longmont offers a variety of housing programs for both home builders or developers, provide funds and information on home purchases, down payment assistance, fixing up a home, making a home accessible, and education and trainings are available on how to buy a home.
Are you a victim of Housing Discrimination?
Are you a victim? Fair Housing is your Right! If you have denied your housing rights you may have you may have experienced unlawful discrimination. How do you recognize housing discrimination?
Under the Fair Housing Act, it is Against the Law to:
- Refuse to rent to you or sell you housing
- Tell you housing is unavailable when in fact it is available
- Show you apartments or homes only in certain neighborhoods
- Set different terms, conditions, or privileges for sale or rental of a dwelling
- Provide different housing services or facilities
- Advertise housing to preferred groups of people only
- Refuse to provide you with information regarding mortgage loans, deny you a mortgage loan or impose different terms or conditions on a mortgage loan
- Deny you property insurance
- Conduct property appraisals in a discriminatory manner
- Refuse to make reasonable accommodations for persons with a disability if the accommodations may be necessary to afford such person a reasonable and equal opportunity to use and enjoy a dwelling
- Fail to design and construct housing in an accessible manner
- Harass, coerce, intimidate, or interfere with anyone exercising or assisting someone else with his/her fair housing rights
If you have any questions call our office and speak with our Program Coordinator at 303-651-8445.
The Colorado Department of Labor & Employment offers a wide variety of programs from Unemployment Benefits to Non-payment of wages complaints. Check out their web at www.coworkforce.com or feel free to call our office and speak with our Program Coordinator at 303-651-8445.
Colorado Civil Rights Website
The Colorado Civil Rights Division's mission of consumer protection and works to protect individuals from discrimination in employment, housing and at places of public accommodation through enforcement and outreach consistent with the Colorado Civil Rights laws
- For Employment Information on jobs within the City of Longmont visit our job opportunity web page.
- For Employers, Job Seekers and Unemployment Insurance information in Boulder County visit Workforce Boulder County at www.wfbc.org.
- Workforce Boulder County has 2 locations: Longmont, 303-651-151; Boulder, 303-301-2900
Fair Housing Laws promote equal access to home ownership and rental housing opportunities. The office of Community and Neighborhood Resources can assist you in Fair Housing issues and provide a packet of information at your request. Please call our office at 303-651-8444.
Fair Housing is your right!. It is unlawful to discriminate in housing based on these Factors:
- National origin
- Familial status (Families with children under the age of 18, or who are expecting a child)
- Handicap (if you or someone close to you has a disability)
If you believe your rights have been violated, call Community & Neighborhood Resources at 303-651-8445.
- Federal and state fair housing laws
- Housing discrimination awareness
- Fair Housing educational materials and complaint Forms
- Housing links to federal, state and local agencies that address housing discrimination
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) offers a wide variety of programs from buying a HUD home to Housing Discrimination Complaints. Check out their website at www.hud.gov or feel free to call and speak with our Fair Housing Specialist at 303-651-8445.
For more information call Community and Neighborhood Resources at 303-651-8444.