Discover Neighbor, Discover Home Grant & Block Party Information,
Block Parties are a wonderful way to create relationships with your neighbors and create a stronger community. Block parties provide the opportunity for neighbors to socialize at least once a year, and even if you do not become best friends, it becomes a little easier to identify a neighbor from another passerby.
All it takes!!!!
Sketch out a map of your immediate area with squares representing surrounding homes or apartments, get a map of your block, and filled out block party application.
- Any Longmont resident willing to map their block or neighborhood.
- Typical projects; Ice Cream Social, Block Party, Potluck, Common area flower or vegetable garden.
- A maximum of two grants can be combined for a single neighborhood event.
- A block or a neighborhood may receive funding for one grant per calendar year.
- Only maps created as part of the Discover Neighbors program are accepted. Previously created neighborhood directories are ineligible.
- Request for Discover Neighborhood grants must be submitted at least two weeks prior to your event.
- Neighborhood Resources Program determines the eligibility of all Discover Neighborhood grants.
- Projects that are for maintenance or upkeep, projects that have already been completed, projects that benefit only one property owner or have limited block benefit will not be eligible for funding.
Grant Terms and Conditions:
- Please allow 12 – 15 working days for your grant to be processed by Community & Neighborhood Resources
- Applications are accepted at anytime during the calendar year.
- All grants must be utilized for projects benefiting the entire block or neighborhood.
- Block party or street closure permits are required for all events requiring street closure. Contact the City Clerk’s office at 303-651-8649 for a Use Of Public Places Permit Application. (Allow 15 days for review).
We would like to reward you for your mapping efforts. Depending on the number of households you “map” on your block, we have several free services from which you can choose one!
The links below will provide information on how the City will provide funds
to help you with you Block Party and to download the Block Party Street Closure
For more information please call 303-651-8444 or email email@example.com.