Business Improvement Grant (BIG) Program
Program Purpose: To assist existing sales tax generating businesses occupying storefront locations within commercial, industrial and mixed use zoning districts with permanent improvements to the property.
CITY OF LONGMONT ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT GOALS :
- Develop strategies to address retention and expansion of existing business and attract new business to the City of Longmont.
- Develop plans and programs to maintain and increase the City’s retail, commercial, and industrial tax base and enhance the diversity and stability of the local economy.
- Research and analyze state and regional market conditions, economic trends, available development opportunities, and economic sustainability programs. Prepare and present to City Council an annual comprehensive analysis of Longmont’s current economy.
- Make recommendations regarding market sectors or industry types that will best match Longmont community values and the Longmont strategic plan.
- Establish cooperative partnerships with the existing business community and other local public and private sector economic development organizations to facilitate economic development activities within the city limits of Longmont.
- Work proactively in collaboration with regional and state economic development entities to enhance economic development efforts within Boulder County.