IF YOU ARE SEVEN MONTHS PREGNANT YOUR CAR SEAT SHOULD
ALREADY BE INSTALLED! YOUR CAR SEAT SHOULD BE IN PLACE LONG
BEFORE YOU GO TO THE HOSPITAL - - PLAN AHEAD
What you should know
The City of Longmont provides a car seat safety check point on the 2nd Wednesday of every month at Longmont Fire Department Station 2, located at Mountain View and Hover Street, from 2pm until 7pm.
- YOU DO NOT NEED TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO ATTEND THE CAR SEAT CHECKPOINT.
- If you have two vehicles, it is recommended that you bring both to the checkpoint.
- There is no charge to participate in the car seat safety checkpoint.
- If you have older children, please bring them with you so that we can make sure they are in appropriate car seats/adjusted properly in connection with the new car seat for your newborn.
COLORADO CHILD PASSENGER SAFETY LAW
Requirements for car seats in the State of Colorado set by the Colorado Department of Transportation.
CAR SEAT TIPS
The American Academy of Pediatrics provides a number of tips for the selection of a car seat as well as instructions for installation.
CAN NOT AFFORD A CAR SEAT?
The City of Longmont is not able to provide free car seats to those in need.
CAR SEATS TO DONATE
If you have a car seat to donate that meets the following criteria, you may email us and we will assist in connecting you with someone that may be interested in your car seat.
- Car seat must be less than 5 years old
- You must know the history of the car seat
- Car seat may not have been involved in a car accident
If you need further information NOT COVERED on this web page, please call the Longmont Fire Department at (303)651-8437 or email us.