Welcome to the City of Longmont 1st & Main Station project website.
The City is currently conducting a 10-month master plan and revitalization study for the 1st & Main Station project near the site of the old flourmill near 1st Avenue and Main Street.
The study will examine both short-term and long-range development potential for the site (well in advance of actual rail station construction) and will include preparation of transit-oriented development concept plans and market analyses for the area. The plan will also examine multi-modal connections to the site, including development of potential alternative bus service options for the City to better serve the site and surrounding areas.
Neighborhood Meeting Notice, August 29, 2012, 5:30 PM, City Council Chambers, 350 Kimbark Street
Staff from the City of Longmont will hold a neighborhood meeting to discuss the 1st & Main Station Area Rezoning to Mixed Use Zoning. At the meeting the applicant will present an overview of this development proposal and will be available to respond to your comments and questions. A neighborhood meeting is required prior to the submitting an application to the City for review. Public hearings with the Planning and Zoning Commission and/or City Council will be required as part of the City's review and consideration of this application.
View the Neighborhood Meeting Notice/Map
View Zoning Information
View Rezoning Map
Station Planning in Final Phase. Citizens Review Draft Plans at March 19, 2012, Community Open House/Meeting.
Approximately 65 people participated in the March 19, 2012 Community Meeting at the Longmont Public Library to view and provide input to the final concepts for a transportation hub designed to revitalize the area surrounding the old flour mill. The plan, expected to be complete by April 2012, is examining short-, mid-, and long-range development and land use potential for the site in addition to determining transit, pedestrian, bicycle and auto connections at the future 1st & Main regional transportation center.
Click here to view the presentation from the March 19 Community Meeting
For more information or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-651-8335.
City Wants Your Feedback on the Development Plan
The City of Longmont is in the final stages of completing a 10-month study to produce a master land development and economic development plan for the area around a future transportation center near First Avenue and Main Street. The City wants your feedback on the redevelopment plan. Click here to take a short survey and tell us what you think.
Click here to print the survey (in English), complete it and mail it back
Pulse aquí para imprimir la encuesta (en Español). Complétela y envíela por correo a
Longmont residents, property owners, businesses and organizations are actively participating in the development of the 1st & Main Station plan.
Public/Small Group Meetings:
• Longmont Downtown Development Authority (LDDA) meeting: June 22, 2011
• Transit Advisory Group meeting: July 21, 2011, 4:30 p.m., Longmont Development Services Center
• Stakeholders Workshop and Site Walking Tour #1: August 30, 2011, 1 to 3 p.m., Longmont Civic Center
• Transit Advisory Group meeting: December 8, 2011, 4:30 p.m., Longmont Development Services Center
• Longmont Downtown Development Authority Placemaking Committee: November 9, 2011, City Council Chambers
• Longmont Transportation Advisory Board meeting: November 28, 2011, 6 to 8 p.m., Longmont Development Services Center
• Stakeholders Workshop #2: January 25, 2012, 3 to 5 p.m., Longmont Public Library
• Community Roundtable: January 25, 2012, 6 to 8 p.m., Longmont Public Library
• Development Forum: February 22, 2012, 1 to 4 p.m., Longmont Public Library
• Transit Advisory Group meeting: February 29, 2012, 4:30 p.m., Senior Center
• Transportation Advisory Board transit plan briefing: March 14, 2012, 6 p.m., Longmont Development Services Center
• Community Visioning Workshop: March 19, 2012, 6 to 8 p.m. with a presentation at 7 p.m.
• Possible 36 Commuting Solutions Steering Committee presentation, March 20, 2012, 7:30 a.m., 1st Bank Center (Broomfield)
• Transportation Advisory Board adoption recommendation to City Council, April 11, 2012 6 p.m. Development Services Center
• Planning & Zoning Commission adoption recommendation to City Council, April 18, 2012, 7 p.m. City Council Chambers
• City Council Plan adoption, 1st Reading May 8, 2012; 2nd Reading/Public Hearing May 22, 2012 (tentative)
Project Oversight Committee meetings: (held at the City of Longmont Development Services Center, 385 Kimbark Street)
• June 20, 2011: project kick-off
• July 27, 2011
• August 17, 2011
• September 28, 2011
• October 27, 2011
• December 14, 2011
• January 25, 2012
• February 22, 2012
What People Are Asking