The Longmont Economic Gardening Initiative (LEGI) offers Longmont businesses a variety of resources aimed at improving competitiveness and stability for a stronger economic base.
Developed from a collaborative effort among local economic development agencies, LEGI brings together a collection of tools under one umbrella, making it easier for business owners
to access assistance. Through participation in the LEGI program, businesses can take advantage
of targeted data analysis, training, and strategic planning giving them a “leg up” on the
How can LEGI help my business?
The LEGI program provides businesses with resources that may be too expensive or specialized for
businesses to tap into on their own. This may include:
• Targeted sales & marketing leads lists for direct marketing
• Profile of current customers
• Finding new prospects that “look like” your ideal customers
• Expert advice on business growth strategies
• Individualized assistance and training
How can I participate in LEGI?
• Own or operate a business located within the City of Longmont
• Complete a LEGI application
• Meet confidentially with Department of Economic Development staff to discuss goals for business
• Services are free (nominal charge may apply for extended use or optional resources)
What types of training and planning are available?
• Training classes and workshops—topics include: marketing, sales, accounting, and understanding
• Assistance developing business and/or marketing plans
• Connections to lenders, other financing organizations, attorneys, CPAs, and other business