Refrigerator & Freezer Recycling Program
Wondering what to do with your old, energy-hog refrigerator? Longmont Power & Communications can help! We are working with Bizzy B’s to make recycling your refrigerator easier than ever.
How it works:
- Schedule your appliance pick-up or drop-off by calling Bizzy B’s Recycling at 720-491-3278.
- If you have scheduled a pick-up, roll the refrigerator outside and plug it into a power source to ensure working condition when it is picked up.
- Fill out the application and include a receipt from Bizzy B’s and a copy of an acceptable form of ID.
- The address on your receipt and utility bill must match.
- Fill out the application and include the completed and signed Affidavit of Lawful Presence in the U.S. above and a copy of an acceptable form of identification.
- No later than 90 days from date shown on your Bizzy B's receipt, mail or bring all materials to Longmont Power & Communications, 1100 S. Sherman Street, Longmont, CO 80501.
- You will receive a one-time $50 bill credit within 2-4 weeks after application is received.
Click to use calculator. This calculator can help you understand know how much you can save by recycling your old refrigerator or freezer and replacing it with an energy efficient version. To use this calculator, you will have to know your kWh rate. If you don't know your kWh rate, you can look on your utility bill or visit our rates page.
- Applicant must be a City of Longmont electric residential customer.
- Refrigerator or freezer must be recycled directly through Bizzy B's, not a local retailer.
- Customer must own the refrigerator or freezer.
- Limit of two refrigerators or freezer to be recycled per account.
- Refrigerator or freezer must be working (plugged in and cooling).
- Refrigerator or freezer must be between 10 - 30 cubic feet and manufactured on or before 1993.