About the Project: Parks, Recreation & Trails Master Plan Project
The Longmont community has a long history of support and pride in its' parks, recreation and trails system, however, thus far the City has operated without a guiding document, such as a Parks, Recreation & Trails Master Plan, which speaks specifically to these amenities and services. The Parks, Recreation & Trails Master Plan will provide an in-depth review of the system, as well as reflect the desires of the community, to produce a system-wide plan to guide development and management of Longmont's parks, recreation & trails.
Goals of the project include:
- Develop and conduct an all-inclusive public process.
- Compile and analyze Longmont's current inventory.
- Analysis of park standards and fees.
- Recommendations for park renewal.
- Evaluate recreation facilities, programs & services.
- Recommendations for park & greenway development.
- Identify funding mechanisms.
- Develop a prioritized implementation plan.
- Develop recommendations to ensure sustainability and maintenance goals are met.
Ultimately, the Parks, Recreation & Trails Master Plan will be a reflection of the needs identified by the community and guide the City toward a parks, recreation & trail system that will continue to serve the community and be sustainable for future generations to enjoy.
The Parks, Recreation & Advisory Board will be integral to providing recommendations for the plan development and formal acceptance of the plan will be sought from City Council.