Button Rock Preserve
Button Rock Preserve and Ralph Price Reservoir will be closed to the public until further notice. Fishing permits will not be issued in spring or summer of 2014. Much of Longmont Dam Road (County Road 80) that provides access to the area was washed away in the flood. As work continues to rebuild the road and clear the reservoir of logs and debris, the area remains dangerous and the public is asked to stay away so that repairs can proceed as quickly as possible.
For up to date flood-related closure information, please visit the City's flood information website at: bit.ly/flood-info
Located in the foothills west of
Longmont, near Lyons, Button Rock Preserve and Ralph Price Reservoir provide
a wonderful fishing experience in a wildlife preserve atmosphere. The preserve
is open for walk-in visitors only.
permit required to fish at Ralph Price Reservoir.
Note: Fishing permits will not be issued in spring or summer of 2014 due to flood damage and on-going repairs in the preserve.
In addition to the usual State of Colorado fishing license, a special permit
is required and can be obtained from the City of Longmont City Clerk's office. For more permit information, call the City Clerk at (303) 651-8649 or visit online at http://www.ci.longmont.co.us/city_clerk/licenses/fishing.htm.
Take Hwy 66 west to Lyons. Take Hwy
36 west to County Road 80, turn left and proceed to the gate. Parking is
available at the gate.
Rules & Regulations
- Dogs must be leashed where posted.
- Open containers of alcohol prohibited
- Camping or building fires not permitted.
- Hunting and firearms restricted
- Do not damage property, facilities or the natural environment.
- Swimming and watercraft prohibited.
- Ice fishing and ice skating prohibited.
Price Reservoir Regulations
- Possession and bag limit for trout is 2 for an adult; children can keep
- Tackle restricted to artificial flies and lure only.
- Fishing permitted from May 1 through October 31 only.
- Boating and all floating devices prohibited
- Bow and spearfishing prohibited.
- Fishing prohibited on dam and as posted.
- Fishing by permit only.
information or questions, call (303) 651-8376.