Dawson Park - 1757 Harvard St.
Dawson Park borders McIntosh Lake on the northwest side of Longmont. It was
named in 1973, after John Dawson (1839-1917), and developed in 1981. Dawson
joined the Chicago-Colorado Colony in 1871, and farmed east of Hygiene. The
lake was called Dawson before taking the name McIntosh. With commanding views
of the mountains, this 15 acre park offers shoreline fishing, tennis, and
a restful walking trail system. Dawson Park adjoins the McIntosh Lake District
Park which also links to Flanders Park and Boulder County's Lohr Open Space and Agricultural Heritage Center at Lohr-McIntosh Farm.
Art in Public Places installed Dawson Silverwood (pictured above), by Steve Jensen in 2003 at this park site.
- Tennis Courts - 2
- Sand Volleyball Courts -1
- Restroom - 1
- Playground - 1
- Shelters - 2 with picnic tables (eastern one attached to restroom)
- Parking (On-street parking available only. Please be courteous to neighbors!)
Back to List of Parks