Back to Last Page Visited
Navigation Bar Skip Navigation City Council Contact Us Search City Government
Department Contact
Back to our Homepage

Designated Landmarks

Previous Home Next

Charles Lewis House
517 Collyer Street

Landmark Designation: 1989

Construction Date: 1899

Architectural Style: Vernacular Masonry

517 Collyer was constructed in 1899 by Charles and Miranda Lewis. No records or recollections exist about the Lewis'.

By 1906 the home was owned and occupied by John Decker. John Decker came to Longmont in 1884 and was a bookkeeper for W.W. Secor and later for the Ramsey Grocer Store. He gave up his bookkeeping to become City Assessor. Later, he moved to a small farm north of town. He was vice president of the Longmont Fireman's Club in the early 1900's.

John Decker sold the home to Ernest Kiteley in 1911. Ernest Kiteley as born in 1881, the son of William John Kiteley. Ernest was associated with Kiteley Vyse Clothiers and was a bookkeeper like his father.

If you would like to learn more about this property, please see our architectural survey that was completed on the property in 2002.

Reference
HPC 1989-2