817 Collyer Street
Landmark Designation: 1988
Construction Date: 1893
Architectural Style: Vernacular
All of Block 4 of the Original Townsite was purchased by A.R. Golden and
resubdivided in 1890 and is now one of Longmonts oldest subdivisions. Asher
Redding Golden came to Longmont in 1880 from Indiana. He was a prominent,
enterprising and respected citizen. He was a contractor and house mover.
J.R. Miner was married to Nellie Harmon who came to Colorado by covered wagon
in 1861 at the age of 2. She and her family lived at a homestead on Boulder
Creek near Lafayette. Her brother William Harmon lived at the homestead nearly
all his life. Nellie and John were married in 1881 and farmed on a homestead
near Johnstown until retiring and moving to Longmont in 1914. John was an
enthusiastic member of the masons and a charter member of A.F. and A.M. in
If you would like to learn more about this property, please see our architectural
survey that was completed on the property in 2002.