Back to Last Page Visited
Navigation Bar Skip Navigation City Council Contact Us Search City Government
Department Contact
Back to our Homepage

Designated Landmarks

Mellinger-Spangler House
731 Collyer Street

Landmark Designation: 2004

Construction Date: 1909

Architectural Style: Classic Cottage

Longmont water rent records reveal that this house was built in 190 as the residence of James and Ida Mellinger. James had a plumbing shop at 524 Main Street in the early years of the twentieth century.

Carl Spangler, who lived here in the 1930s, worked for a time at the Irvin Furniture Company and is the son of D.W. Spangler who came to the St. Vrain Valley in 1889.

Glenn V. Sherwood, the current owner, has served on several boards and commissions that strive to preserved the history of this area. He is also the author of Longmont's Historic East Side, which is a brief study of the neighborhood history.

If you would like to learn more about this property, please see our architectural survey that was completed on the property in 2002.

Reference
HPC 2004-3