415 Emery Street
Landmark Designation: 2002
Construction Date: 1904
Architectural Style: Classic
Michael O'Connor, who arrived in Longmont in 1876 from Boulder, built both
411 Emery Street in 1903 and 415 Emery Street a year later.
Around 1917, the property was sold to George T. Bragg, who lived in the house
until he sold it to his brother, Peter H. in 1924. George was born in Red
Wing, Minnesota, on April 21, 1885, the son of Anthony and Bell Bragg. The
family came west to Colorado Springs in 1897, operating a meat market there
until 1911. The Braggs then moved to Longmont where they opened a meat market
on Main Street. Known initially as "Bragg and Sons" and later as
"Bragg's Meat Market", the family business was operated over the
years by Anthony Bragg and his three sons, Peter, Tony and George. In all,
Bragg's Meat Market was in business in downtown Longmont from 1911 until 1946.
Following the meat market's closure, George Bragg worked as a real estate
If you would like to learn more about this property, please see our architectural
survey that was completed on the property in 2001.