Historic Longmont National Bank
400 Main Street
Landmark Designation: 2004
Construction Date: 1888 -1890
Architectural Style: 20th Century Commercial
On November 18, 1904, F. W. Flanders, A.E. Flanders, H.L. Wood and J. Ernest White met to discuss organization of a new bank. Less than three weeks later on December 2, 1904, they were operating in the J.F. Miller real estate office at 424 Main Street.
On June 23, 1905 it was announced the name of the Bank of Longmont would be changed to The Longmont National Bank. On July 21, 1905, Charter #7839 was issued and Bank of Longmont merged with Then Longmont National Bank opening for business at 424 Main Street. The Charter number is the earliest of any bank operating in Longmont.
In September 1905, the new Longmont National Bank began operation in its remodeled quarters at 400 Main Street and remained at this location until 1916.
Over the years this building has been home to several businesses such as a drug store, dentist office, barber shop and a music store.