Police Department, Community Programs
The city prosecutor may offer the option of traffic school. Only those issued with a Longmont Municipal Court Summons can attend. By attending traffic school, you may receive one category point reduction from the standard plea offer. This traffic school may be offered to a driver ONLY ONCE.
WHAT IS REQUIRED IF I DECIDE TO ATTEND TRAFFIC SCHOOL?
- You will be REQUIRED to appear for court again.
- You MUST bring your traffic certificate with you when you come to court. You must also bring your parent, if you are a juvenile.
- You may NOT present your traffic certificate to court before your court date.
- You may NOT present your traffic certificate to the city prosecutor before your scheduled appointment or court date.
- The court fine will NOT be reduced by attending traffic school. $10 will be added to your fine for every court continuance for traffic school.
- The cost for the traffic school is an additional $25 to be paid to the police department. The police department accepts cash, money order, cashier's checks or personal check. The police department does not accept credit cards.
TRAFFIC SCHOOL REGISTRATION - (303)774-4820 (You will not receive any confirmation and no one will call you back)
- When: Traffic school is held the second Wednesday of every month. You MUST present an official government issued PHOTO ID to be admitted.
- Where: Longmont City Council Chambers, 350 Kimbark Street, Longmont, CO
- Time: Participants need to arrive BEFORE 5:00pm to attend. Doors automatically lock at 5pm. Class generally concludes by 9:00pm.
- You MUST attend the ENTIRE CLASS to receive a certificate.
- How to register: Call (303) 774-4820. You will not receive a registration confirmation.
For questions not answered on this webpage, please email the traffic school staff.