Longmont Police Department, Department Guide
Police Services Division, Special Operations, School Resource Officers (SRO's)
The School Resource Officers are available to assist school administrators and staff, students, parents, and nearby residents in ensuring that the school environment remains safe from crime and disorder.
Goals of the SRO program:
- Improving students' attitudes towards school, teachers, and the police by providing a positive role model. This includes attending school-related functions that occur after hours.
- Promoting pro-social values
- Increasing bonding to family, school, and community
- Increasing safety by reducing crime, disorder, drug use and truancy in and around school
- Providing an officer in the school for visibility and immediate accessibility
- Providing law-related education and furthering the students' understanding about law and law enforcement
Longmont Police Services School Resource Officers
To speak with Sergeant Doug Ross, supervisor for the School Resource Officers, you mail email or call (303)651 - 8525.