Longmont Police Department and Boulder County Sheriff's Office Firing Range and Training Facility
10916 Weld County Road 5 (Hwy 119 and WCR 5, 1/2 mile south of Hwy 119)
NOTE: entrance is just to the west of the tower on WCR 5
View MAP and driving directions to the Firing Range
ABOUT THE RANGE
- Indoor facility with ballistic baffling designed to safely keep all rounds fired from leaving the building
- Shooting stations ranging from 3 yards to 100 yards. This is one of the only 3 known 100 yard indoor ranges in the State of Colorado, and one of only 10 in the United States
- Five foot wide lighted ballistic shooting partitions
- Filtered ventilation system will control the conditions inside the range to provide optimum indoor shooting environment. This means that users will not be ingesting aerosolized contaminates created when weapons are fired. Due to filtration system used the air exhausted from the range is cleaner than the air when it enters the facility.
- Range will allow most common hunting calibers as well as lead ammunition
- Total containment bullet traps which allow recycling of all fired materials
- Retrievable target system from 1 to 25 yards
- Safety is the core value of every range operation. In order to promote safety on the range, a public address system has been installed to insure all users can hear instructions for when it is safe to fire
VOLUNTEERING AS A RANGE SAFETY OFFICER
If you have additional questions regarding the range, you can email the
Support Services Division of the Longmont Department of Public Safety or call (303) 774-4587.
Calls are returned only on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.