Department Contact
Back to our Homepage
Navigation Bar Skip Navigation City Council Contact Us Search City Government

On The Side

More Information

Public Works & Natural Resources

Engineering Services
385 Kimbark Street
Longmont, CO 80501
Main: (303) 651-8304
Fax: (303) 651-8352

","index.htm","breadcrumbs","breadcrumbs","breadcrumbs","0"); -->


Construction Activity Permit associated with Grading

The Public Works and Natural Resources Division issues grading permits according to City of Longmont Municipal Code Section 15.02.130(E). A Construction Activity Permit associated with Grading is required for movement of greater than fifty cubic yards of land disturbance or for overlot grading on properties of one or more acres. A pre-grading meeting is required prior to approval of a required grading permit. The cost of the grading permit is based on the number of cubic yards moved.

To apply for a Construction Activity Permit associated with Grading the applicant must submit a completed application form and an overlot grading plan. The overlot grading plan shall include detail regarding streets, utilities, drainage, and earthwork testing per city standards.

The applicant shall provide financial security for grass reseeding, weed control, and dust control upon approval of the grading permit. The financial security required is based on the number of acres disturbed.

Construction Activity Permit associated with Grading is valid for one year from the date of issuance unless extended by the Public Works and Natural Resources Division. No grading shall occur after expiration of a grading permit.

The applicant is responsible for obtaining any other permits required by the city or state and federal agencies prior to grading.

Any construction that disturbs at least one acre of land must apply to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) for a Stormwater Discharges Associated with Construction Activities Permit; in this case a Stormwater Management Plan (SWMP) must be completed. Allow at least 10 business days to acquire a permit from the CDPHE. For more information visit or call (303) 692-3500.

The following documentation below is available in PDF file format. Download the FREE Acrobat Reader to view these file types.

Construction Activity Permit Application

Public Works & Natural Resources Department

Engineering Division

Stomwater Program

Updated 2/7/12