The City of Longmont has many parks to exercise and play with your dog.
In order to ensure their success, we have set the following guidelines for
the use of the parks.
- Dogs must be licensed and vaccinated. No puppies under 4 months are allowed
(parvo virus disease)
- Please keep your dog on leash until you are inside the park and keep your
leash on hand. Close the gate behind you.
- The limit is 3 dogs per person, per visit. Dogs may not be left unattended.
- If there are other dogs in the park, please keep your dog on leash until
you are sure they are compatible. Dogs in heat are prohibited. Spayed/neutered
dogs are recommended.
- No aggressive dogs allowed. If any person or dog is bitten by a dog at
the park, report it to the Longmont Police Department Animal Control Officer,
(303) 651-8501. Dog owners must be responsible. By removing your dog's leash,
you are guaranteeing to other park users that your dog is safe.
- Please pick up after your dog. The success of the parks depends on owners
taking responsibility for their dogs.
- Young children must be supervised by a responsible adult.
Dog Park Courtesies:
- Help keep the area clean and odor free
- Keep the dogs on the sidewalk while traveling to and from the dog park.
- Keep dogs off of private property
- Encourage other users to clean up after their pets at all times
Parks may be closed during the year to allow the grass to re-establish.
Please park in designated lots.